Over the past few years self storage companies have increased in great numbers. This is because of the fact that most of the people prefer to store their goods in a storage unit instead of keeping them in garages and basements while shifting. Storage units allow their tenants to keep anything and everything. So, people are making them as their long term solutions to their storage issues. Let’s go through how really self storage is advantageous.
Advantages at self-storage:
Self storage units are mostly preferred by people either to save the space at their home or to avoid carrying the unused stuff if they continuously transit between homes. Self storage is more advantageous as it offers many facilities to your goods rather storing them on a loft or a garage.
Self storage units
1. May provide climate controlling facilities which help to protect the property.
2. May provide computerized access control system to secure the goods all the time.
3. Allow the customers to keep any type of goods.
4. Offer less renting rates and good maintenance.
5. Allow their customers to access the unit any time during posted hours.
6. May provide packing facilities and package options as well.
7. Allow to pay only for the space you use.
Disadvantages at self storage:
Self storage units will be disadvantage only if you consider the price. Though they are comfortable helping in managing the space at your home or office, one should think if it really worth keeping goods in self storage at rent. You should consider the usage and worthiness of the items you store before you opt for a self storage. This is because, if your goods are less worthy compared to the rent you pay for storing them, it costs you more ending up with less.
Few more disadvantages with self storage include:
1. If your goods are worthy, you should pay extra care to place the goods in self storage. Though the self storage unit provides security, there could be chances or risks as well. Since your valuable is not with you, you need to think of it and visit it often.
2. There can be chances of natural calamities, which can spoil your goods. There can be damages and you should make sure that your goods are insured. Once you keep your goods at self storage, literally they are not in your sight, and you are only responsible for your items though they are placed in other premises.
3. Though the self-storage seems to be cheap, if you are owing a large unit for long time, the price gets add up when calculated yearly.
4. You cannot expect complete cleanliness at a storage unit.
5. Though self storage units provide to access your goods whenever you want, you may not be convenient traveling often to check your goods. You need to make sure the unit is near to your home, if you wish to access your belongings frequently.